Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tomorrow

*I rather like this. A place to vent and just let out what's going through my mind...


Oh, the future. That time I look forward to and dread simultaneously. The time that arouses a massive breath of excitement within me and causes a slight trepidation as well. Where will I be in a year? Where will I live? Where will I work? Will I enjoy my job? Will I still be a perpetually single, albeit happy, twenty-something? What will have changed? 
Can the things I dream of actually come to pass? Will I ever design rides for Disney? Will I ever travel the world with someone I love? Will I ever have a job I'm as passionate about as camp counseling? Will I get the girl of my dreams?
That's a lot of questions. I don't have all the answers, but I also realize that I have no desire to have all the answers. Life would be much less exciting if one knew every step laid out before them; if the shuffle on the iPod of life was always predetermined. But I know one thing: That I know and trust God. I strive to have total faith that whatever happens to me will serve to advance His kingdom's glory, which is, after all, the most important thing.


"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself."
Matthew 6:33-34



No comments:

Post a Comment