Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cell Phone Bill? What's that?

I've had a lot of people ask me how I can afford to live so well while making so little. So I figured I'd begin a series of blog posts sharing some of my secrets. Some may be right for you, others may not, but these are the ways I make a small paycheck go a long way and still take epic vacations. I will be posting referral links, but I wouldn't try to give you anything I don't really believe in. And if it has the Nate Stamp of Approval, you know I've done my research!

The first post will be about my cell phone bill. How much do you pay a month? Probably about $60-$120, right? If so, you're in the same category as a lot of people. I say you're paying too much. Let me tell you about who I get cell service from. It's a small company called Republic Wireless. And I pay $10 a month.

Ten dollars? How is that possible? You may be wondering these things, then thinking that I probably have terrible reception or a dumb phone that can't even go on Facebook. The truth is, I get great reception and I have a smartphone.


Republic has four plans, which you can see above. I use the $10 a month plan, which gets me data on Wifi and unlimited texting and calling when not on Wifi. But you can change plans twice a month. So when I go on vacation I'll bump up my plan to the $25 plan with 3G. It works stupendously. Republic uses Sprint cell towers, which are ok but not great. But the way the prices are so low is because it uses Wifi whenever possible.  And if you have good wifi, call quality will be excellent. It can even switch from a Wifi call to a cell call seamlessly! I love the $10 plan because I don't want to be constantly connected to the internet. Only sometimes. Also, I'm almost always near Wifi. Republic Wireless saves me tons of money on my Wireless bill, and I love it. Note that you will have to buy a phone from them, so it's only a couple phones to choose from. But they are a couple of the best phones on the market. (The Moto G and Moto X)

I tried to keep it brief. You can find out everything else you need to know on their website or by contacting me. Here's a link where you can get $20 off (2 months if you use my plan!) I recommend this very highly. They also have a sale going on for the next 24 hours. So if you're looking to save on your phone bill, check them out!

I tried to keep this short. There's so much more I could say, but I want people to actually read this. Don't forget to subscribe or follow so you can get the rest of the series. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment