Thursday, November 28, 2013

Things I'm Thankful For Limerick

Thanksgiving's an excellent day,
Which inspires such things I must say,
Expressed in a scheme,
That's not often seen,
But is just the most excellent way.

For so many things I am thankful;
Let's start with the winter and rainfall,
Although it'd be a bummer,
If I forgot summer,
At Huntington with sand to my ankles.

Although the weather's a-changin,
And my schedule has been rearrangin',
I'm thankful for Jesus,
All the ways that He frees us,
And his grace and mercy I take in.

And you bet I'm thankful for Disneyland,
For a job it's an occupation most grand!
You could call it profession,
Or maybe obsession,
But I'm glad life did not go as planned.

A huge Thanksgiving for friendships!
The kind of friends who accept dumb quips.
By myself it's frustration,
But with friends, motivation!
Without friends I could never get ripped.

Did I write a limerick on food yet?
Make sure I include it, you bet!
With flavors like bacon,
Or pie's pleasing sensation,
I know it's as good as life gets!

Now I'll say a couple things more:
Computers and musical scores.
Road trips, dancing, singing,
When my telephone's ringing,
And of course a carpeted floor.

Roller coasters, Nutella, and my bicycle Billy.
Family, hiking, and my car; her name's Gilly!
Taking baths in a bathtub,
The lack of a backrub.
And that visit to Disney World, really.

Now I'd like to go on and continue.
To name things and create a menu;
Of all things I love,
And thank God above,
But I don't want to sound better than you.

So I will just leave it at this,
To limerick too long is remiss.
Accept the occasion,
Join in celebration,
And now let's prepare for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment